Saturday, November 8, 2008

Nanchang 11/7

Another rainy day. I need to start apologizing to my fellow group members about bringing the Atkinson/Ely/White vacation curse along with me! It has been so gloomy here and on top of the depressed living conditions and being trapped in a small hotel room we sure are ready for a change.

We went to the porcelain market today. We saw lots of beautiful pieces of artwork. Too bad we have to worry about things breaking otherwise I would be bringing a ton of it home. We had to skip the zoo due to the weather. We had another group dinner. Jacob is amazing with the chop sticks. He and one of the other dads had a contest to see who could eat the entire dinner with using only the chop sticks. They both did it! They also both ate peppers thinking they were green beans. I guess they were pretty hot as you could see by their red faces.

Sami continues to be The Chosen One although I feel I am making good progress. As long as Sami isn't around Halle is doing well with me. She's got the cutest/devilest squeal you have ever heard. The big kids can really get her going.

We leave for Guangzhou in the morning. We are definitely looking for a change of scenery and the weather is supposed to be much nicer.

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a great time you are having with your little one, and your big ones too. Life changing events for the 4 of you. I will bring a cute new jacket for Halle on Friday, and will have her bed ready to pop into. Also a cooked dinner in case you need one by then.If not, it will save til Sat. Love the photos and the texts. Have a nice last few days. Love, Mom