Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

We have so much to be thankful for this year! It is still hard to believe we are a family of 5 now. I keep thinking that maybe all this has just been a dream. It does seem like a dream in a way. Halle is doing wonderfully. Sure, we have some rough times but all in all she is doing great. She is such a character she just makes me smile so much. She has the best belly laugh and little personality that is to die for.

She is spreading out her affection to the whole family now. Sami is probably still The Chosen One but Daddy is the only one that can put her down for a nap. She and I have had some good play times together at the park. She likes the slide and the swings. Jacob's time with her is when she is taking a bath. She is starting to call for him now when she goes in.

Halle's English is picking up a little. She has added kitty and goodbye to her vocabulary the last few days. When we went on a walk today she waved at every car that went by and said goodbye. She continues to pick up new words every day. She still does a lot of Chinese jibber jabbering through.

She loves to dance. Whenever there is any music on TV or the radio she is up swinging her hands and tapping her feet. We may need to do that for exercise purposes if she continues to eat the way she has been. We call her our little Buddha Baby due to her quite large tummy. She eats almost everything in sight. I'm a little concerned about it. I've heard lots of stories about adopted kids hording their food. We have our big work up with the International Adoption clinic at Children's Hospital on the 12th so hopefully they can give us some answers.

Halle's pediatrician said it would take about 13 days to recover from the jet lag. Today is day 13! I feel like we are all pretty much back to normal. We still haven't gotten into any type of routine yet. The last 2 days she has only taken 1 nap but she has gone down for the night at 8:00 so I think I could live with that. Again, we are just trying to figure things out on the fly. It's hard to remember what kind of nap schedule the big kids were on because it was sooo long ago :) It's past my bedtime now so I'll wrap it up now. I hope to have all the pictures transferred over to the PC this weekend so I'll post new pictures then.

We are so thankful for all our friends and family. We couldn't have done this without you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Liz. You probably haven't seen me since I was a kid. I'm Lisa Atkinson's sister, Meghan. I hope you don't mind that she's shared your site with me. A few months ago she told me you were adopting and I've been hounding her with questions ever since. I am so excited for you and Paul. You have a beautiful family!

Bethany said...

What a beautiful little girl! We can't wait to meet her. You know, every kid must visit Disneyland... Maybe Halle and Mackenzie can meet Mickey for the first time together?